Monday, November 17, 2008

Inspiration Monday - Monday's Muse

I am once again joining www.maternalspark.com in sharing what inspires me this Monday. Well, I have been really obsessed with fabric. Yes, fabric. I know that I use fabric all the time when I reconstruct and sew. But lately I have been wanting to do more with all the fabric sraps I have lying around. I love screenprinting faces on fabric which is what my clothing line Nelesc is all about (http://www.nelesc.etsy.com/) but I am interested in doing more. I borrowed Create Your Own Handprinted Cloth by Rayna Gillman, from the library and it has really gotten my wheels turning. I have also been wanting to make fabric books. Recently, I bought Fabric Picture Books by Gwen Marsten. My kids have these amazing fabric books that they love and I would love to custom make one for each of them or even make themed books for grownups. I have so many ideas in my head with so little time. We'll see how I fit it all in my schedule. For now, it's inspiring enough to see, through my books, what other people are doing with fabric.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, it's so much fun to read what's inspiring other people!!

    love yours, and would LOVE to see a finished product one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie! I always love reading your contributions to Monday's Muse because they are often quite outside the realm of what I do. It really opens my eyes to new things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete