Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Inspiration




Dwell as near as possible to the channel in which your life flows.Thoreau, Henry David.
The creater of the blog, http://www.maternalspark.com/, came across this quote today and asked anyone who wanted to muse on it. To her it meant "to surround yourself with things and people who feed your inner spark." That's what it means to me too.
I am inspired by people who get me, who encourage me to be who I am. Today, I want to pay homage to M,. my bestest (that's the way I like to say it) customer, who has now become my friend. She requested I do my funnel neck cropped Pedro Albizu Campos jacket in her size. I am used to sewing for my size but I took the challenge which actually turned out to be a great experience for me, especially dealing with M, who is a dream of a customer. She is always praising my work which means a lot when you work from home when there is no one consistently there cheering you on. Here is my jacket and the one I did for her. One of my New Years resolutions was to learn how to sew for all sizes and she got me on my way. Thanks M!!!! Your an amazing person!!!

M, also has an amazing shop on etsy. Check it out at http://www.thehandoffatima.etsy.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nellie! Those jackets are super cute! Congrats on taking the first steps towards sewing for different sizes.

    ReplyDelete