Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Love Ruffles!

That's right. I love ruffles, always have. I am so glad they are so in right now. From J Crew to Anthropologie, there are so many textured tops to choose from. Here are a couple of ruffly things I've been working on myself.
My Mother's day dress. I used a ruffled top of mine that I love and attached it to a skirt via an elastic waistband. I know it's hard to see the ruffles, I'll post better pics of my process soon.

Reconstructed t-shirt. I used Tea Rose Home's tutorial for this. You can find it here. (I'll post more pics of this transformation).
Ruffle detail I added to a dress I made (more pics to come).

I've been trying to find ways to add more texture to my clothing line. I know that eventually I will go a new direction but I am still not ready to stop printing my cultural icons. "How can I marry ruffles and other texture with printmaking without it looking too busy?", I thought. This is what I came up with. I love it! So much that I decided to keep this Nina Simone. Not to worry though, I made two more, which I will list tomorrow. I'll continue making them if people like them. Let me know what you think.












2 comments:

  1. I love the Black top! And the Nina Simone top is great. I love how you have the ruffles on that.

    ReplyDelete