Monday, January 31, 2011

Another Wardrobe Transformation!


So here's another wardrobe transfomation. This past summer, I was looking through my closet and noticed this aqua blue top that I hardly wear. I had to ask myself, why don't I wear this top?  What's up with that? I realized I didn't wear it because it was kind of ill fitting, so I said to myself, either you transform it or it goes to the salvation army. I chose transformation and this is what I came up with.

Here's a pic of the top pre-transformation. My son took the picture so he chopped my head off, lol.

Then I looked in my fabric stash and found this cute polka dot fabric that sort of had the same aqua color as the top. You might recognize it from this post.

I made a skirt out of it. Then I cut the top so that it met the skirt at the waist and sewed the two together leaving enough space so that I could insert an elastic. Voila, instant dress. I paired it with a belt and it looks really cute. I wore it a lot in the summer and even wear it now, with a long sleeve top and boots.


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. You should make more like this and put on your Etsy site! I would love to wear that to school! (I'm a teacher.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up here on my blog. Thank you for your comments Mary, so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete