Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Transforming Low-Waisted Pants to High Waisted Pants

If you're like me, I love skinny jeans but hate the very low-waisted variety that show off your undies when you ever-so slightly bend down. I'm not a prude, I just don't want to flash the world my undies. They are called intimates for a reason, lol. Anyway. I have a whole bunch of low-waisted pants that fit nice on my thighs but alas, again, too low waisted.

Here's my solution. I bought a pair of high-waisted bell bottom pants at Old Navy a couple of years ago. I outgrew this look, so I decided to transfer the high waist onto my low waist pants.

My low-waist pants


High-waist bell-bottom pants from Old Navy
I simply cut off the high waist part of the Old Navy pants below the seam, right above the zipper. Then I did the same thing to my low waist pants, cutt off the waist band right above the zipper.

I then attached the high waist to the low-waisted pants and voila!

My new high-waist skinny jeans

Looks great with a top over it. Will try to see what it looks like with a cropped top.


These are super comfortable, I love them! If you don't have a high waist part, you can also band the top of your low-waisted jeans with stretchy material but you would have to cut the zipper out too. However, if not done right, it could look too much like maternity pants. But I will try this method and report back.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment