Friday, November 30, 2012

Sweatshirt Reconstruction #1: Cut Out


I am really digging cut outs lately. I did this cut out sweatshirt reconstruction a couple of weeks ago. It was inspired by a shirt I made my friend with a sliver of skin showing. I loved it so much that I decided to make myself one. I didn't make my friend's with sweatshirt material so this was quite a bit of an experiment. Sweatshirts and t-shirts are my go to fabrics for experimentation. 

I absolutely  LOVED the way it came out. It really elevates a plane sweatshirt. This one was actually an X-large. I took it all apart and re-sized it and then added the cut out before I re-attached the sleeves. I wore it twice already; once, with jeans,  to play pool, and a second time with a skirt to a parents meeting at my son's school. See how versatile it is?  




What do you think? Leave me a comment letting me know. I always appreciate feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment