Tuesday, November 13, 2012

X-Large Men's Hoodie into Ladies Hoodie Mini-dress

I love it when my husband gets into donation mode with his clothes. He donates most of it but I always get a couple of pieces that I could tranform into something cute. This is one of them, X-Large Florida Hoodie.

It started out like this:
Sorry, for the pic, I was trying to get the entire sweatshirt, but I think you can figure out what I was working with.

I basically took a sweatshirt that fit me well, turned it inside out and measured, seam to seam, for a bust, waist and hip measurement.  I then took the Florida sweatshirt apart, cutting the arms and side seams. THAT IS ALL, I CUT NOTHING ELSE. Then I applied the measurments to the Florida shirt and stitched with a sewing machine as you can see below. With a shirt as large as this one, it required to sew up some of the arm hole. 

As you can see from my measurments, I am quite a pear! lol. I also serged the seams for durability but you don't have to.

I like the fit because it is comfortable without being tight.
It looks great with leggings and boots. I have also worn it with skinny jeans. Oh, and it's oh so warm!






No comments:

Post a Comment