Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sweatshirt Reconstruction #2: Color block

So serious, but I'm really giggling inside, lol

Hello all! So here's another sweatshirt reconstruction. Could it be it's a little out there because I made it during the Star Wars marathon Thanksgiving weekend?

It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to but it sure is interesting.


For this reconstruction, I used two x-large sweatshirts (a grey and a black) and made it from a pattern I drafted myself. I definitely wanted it to be a color block and wanted a corset-type feel but the neckline came out too low causing the grey upper panels to flop on my shoulders. That's when I decided to add the crew neck to hold them in place and now it looks a little warrior princess.



It's actually growing on me, I love the hi-lo hem and the grey-colored back. I might wear it somewhere. I just don't know where yet.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment