Saturday, June 22, 2013

Jumpsuit from Recycled Boy Jeans

As promised in my previous post, here's my denim jumpsuit made from recycled boy pants. 

I used about four boy pants, sized 12-14, for this entire jumpsuit. 



The pattern was self drafted using this inspiration photo.

Front panel from a pant leg. I cut two of these.

Back from another pant leg.
For the waistband, I used recycled jersey from a t-shirt and I made the pant legs using one of my low-waisted pants as a pattern. I am happy with the outcome although I think I might make it a little shorter. 



I will definitely wear this in the neighborhood to run errands, at the playground with the boys, even the beach. It would look good with a swimsuit underneath. 

I look at each and every comment and appreciate your feedback! 


7 comments:

  1. You are soooooo creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much cloudsfullofrain! Don't want this denim to go to waste and I do LOVE jumpsuits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome upcycle!!! I think this outfit looks fabulous - great work!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute jumpsuit! It looks great on you. I'm pinning this to my denim delights board!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this project on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 160
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Jill! I apprpeciate the shout on 'Round to it" and Navy Wifey, thanks for pinning, I am grateful for the exposure.

    ReplyDelete