Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Super Easy Denim Shoulders

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been fabric stash busting. One of the bins I started to look through was my denim stash bin. 

I have soooooo much denim! From scraps to full pants handed down from my husband, my son, our cousin who hands them down to our son, etc. Believe you me,  am not complaining because I LOVE denim, but alas, I needed to start making some stuff with it. 

First up, denim shoulder pads. I love a strong shoulder, especially since I don't have them. Mine slope down so I love pads, puff sleeves, anything that will accentuate them. 

Here's a super easy tutorial that will do just that. 


I used an actual shoulder pad I took out from a dress as my pattern. I laid it down on two pieces of denim scraps, right sides facing each other. You need to do this twice.



I sewed around the edges starting in the middle of the semi circle and leaving an opening so you can turn it later. 


Turn and topstitch


That's it. I sewed them on a tank top aligning the edge of the denim pad to the edge of the tank top strap. 




 It does add some interest to a regular black tank.  
Don't you think? 

Stay tuned for my next post where I show you my jumpsuit made from boys pants!

2 comments:

  1. Super cool! You should make a denim dress with your fabric too :) I'm currently going through all my denim too. I'm making a giant patchwork rug. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mixy! Yes, a dress is def on my list. I recently made a jumpsuit. Can't wait to see your rug!

    ReplyDelete