Friday, August 2, 2013

Draped Jumpsuit

Okay, so here's the draped jumpsuit that I promised to show pics of from this post. I am sorry for the grainy pictures. I need to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions would be welcomed. 

Anyway, back to the jumpsuit. It's no secret that I like draping and I love jumpsuits. So I decided to put the two together. I like this draped jumpsuit but it definitely needs to be tweaked. First of all: It's a bit too drapey on the sides. I don't need any extra baggage on these Puerto Rican hips, lol. 

I love the top. I again, used recycled neck bands from other t-shirts for the arm hole bands thus the little color play.

Since this has a racer back,  I couldn't pull it up from the bottom without creating an opening so I had to open up the shoulders and sew in snap tape. It has three snaps for a closure on each side. It's a little bulky, thus the big hair to cover it. I need to think about this if I make it again. 

Yes, a bit too much drape for my taste. 

All in all, I would wear this one in public but I want to make another one with my corrections to see how that one comes out. I'm hoping to offer a pattern for this jumpsuit in the future so stay tuned! 


6 comments:

  1. I love the top, but I think the bottoms would be a little too full for me too. The racer back top is awesome and that teal color is so pretty. I'm sure it will be fabulous once you add your tweaks.
    Did you use fabric yardage for this jumpsuit, or did you repurpose other pieces like your dresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! I used fabric yardage for the body and repurposed the t-shirt neck bands for the neck and arm hole bindings. I am trying to fabric de-stash this summer so I thought a jumpsuit would be the perfect way to do that since it uses a lot of fabric.

      Delete
  2. The bottom sort of looks like the trendy harem pants that I see girls wearing here in NYC. As for grainy photos, it depends on if you are on a phone or camera. If on a camera, look in the setting and see if you can increase the pixels! I know, for example, my camera can take pretty big photos but I have to select a smaller size since I do not have a memory card. If I increased the size, though, they'd be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixy! Thank you! This is great camera advice. Going to look into it.

      Delete
  3. That jumpsuit looks adorable on you. Like Theresa, I couldn't wear the bottoms (I would look like a house) but since you are so thin it looks really cute on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting Julie! Thank you! I do want to tweak it and make it more wearable. It's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete